Sunday, March 7, 2010

Our First House

After almost nine years of marriage we are finally moving into our first house!!! Well, that's if the inspection and appraisal turn out like we hope. We close on the 31st of March and are so excited to finally have a place to settle down in and call our own. The house is about 2400 square feet and has a really big back yard with tons of trees and other plants. The boys will finally have their own patch of grass that is like a forest and is fenced in! It should provide some fun times for them.

The current owners love plants and gardening and are leaving behind a bunch of great stuff for us, including a riding lawn mower! The picture at the bottom of the post is a little play house for the kids. It's full of tools now but will make a great clubhouse for the boys, even though Richard says we "need to add more bricks to make it bigger." The house is in a great neighborhood that lets the boys attend some great schools. The house is about 10 minutes from Grandma and Grandpa Owens and about 20 minutes from work. We are in love already and look forward to making the house our own.







The Clubhouse

15 comments:

The Fifes said...

it's beautiful!!!

Lindsay said...

congrats! it's looks awesome.

Cynthia and Bryan said...

YAY !! This is so exciting for you guys ! We look forward to owning a home again sometime soon. Hopefully in the next 3 years we will be ready. Anyway- Glad that you made it safely back and hope that you are doing well. We will see you guys in a couple of months :) Did you end up buying in GA or TN ?

Jonathan and Rachel said...

YAY! I'm so glad you guys found something so quickly ... we can't WAIT to see it in person ... Jonathan said that he would help move you guys in! HOW EXCITING ... I'm sure Benjamin will L-O-V-E to hang out in the Clubhouse!

Thackeray's said...

That looks so great!!! I've been thinking about you. I'm going to call you sometime to catch up!

K.M. said...

oh! it's beautiful! lucky!

The Sharp Family said...

The house is in Tennessee.

julie said...

beautiful house, you guys! so excited for you. and we miss you lots.....

Nate Sharp said...

Congrats guys! Looks really nice! You will LOVE having a place all your own. I'm so glad everything worked out so well.

Ang said...

LOVE IT! Can't wait to come visit!

That's Ron said...

congrats! this place is huge!

Patriot said...

WoW, what kind of camera do you use. All your pictures are incredible!!!

genevievepelissie said...

Oh, Lisa, congratulations. It's a lovely home and so fun for you to have so much land. We miss you tons. I miss you tons. I love the great photos of each of you guys on the blog. Keep posting once in a while! ;)

Mike Patterson said...

Hi. I noticed on your blog that someone (I think it was Ron/Dad) posted a comment using a photo of his Civil War ancestor, Levi Druce, as his avatar or profile pic. I just this week engraved Mr. Druce's name on a Civil War Veterans Memorial we have here in Tarrant County, Texas, where Mr. Druce lived for a while in the 1870's and 1880's. I'd very much like to talk to the gentleman who has this photo. I'm Mike Patterson at mfpchat@yahoo.com. Thanks for your time and attention.

Anonymous said...

This will astonish you!

ZEITGEIST: ADDENDUM

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Money as debt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkFb26u9g8

project camelot magnetic motor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkgyY47duCM