Sunday, December 2, 2007

My Favorite Things

One of my favs right now is Hot Chocolate and Fernwood dark chocolate mint sandwiches.  Dan's invention: one slightly melted dark chocolate mint sandwich (found at www.fernwoodcandy.com) 1 1/2 packs of Swiss Miss and 3/4 cup of HOT water.  I tell ya it is hard to say no.  My other fav at the moment is the SNOW!  Finally!  I say this because I don't have to drive in it.  And it goes well with the hot chocolate.  The boys and I went out today and built a snowman and had a slow motion snowball fight.  It isn't much of a fight when you are helping your opponent make their snowballs.  Adam loved it; Richie not so much.  It was one of the few times I wanted to stay out longer than they did:). And my last fav of the evening, keeping with the winter theme, is our Christmas tree.  We actually got it from the same lot that we bought our very first tree back in 2001.  It is a bit larger, thanks to our tall ceilings.  I love the smell of it.  I am a REAL tree girl.  So there you go two blogs in one sitting, not too shabby, photos of our wonderful life coming soon.......

8 comments:

LIttlemiss said...

Atta girl Lis......work in progress work in progress!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I am jealous of your snow! And your real Christmas tree. And your dark chocolate/hot chocolate. Okay, that's all.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

Lisa -- I TOO am jealous of the snow -- but in just about 8 weeks -- we (I THINK ... the Mitchells too) -- will be there to play in the snow with you!! Thank you for a few of your "favorite" things! It makes me reflect on some of mine. We'll be getting our tree hopefully next week ... I TOO am a REAL tree girl -- and that's the only way it EVER is for us! What's a fake tree :) Well they are always easy to put up and take down ... and they don't die if you forget to water them ... but I think I will STILL be sticking to the REAL tree - it makes it Christmas in our home! Love you guys -- Rachel

LIttlemiss said...

I can't stop laughing at the comment you left on the "oldie" picture. I am seriously dieing. HAAAA!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Snow !! I am excited for our babies to get to play in the snow too. I commented last week on one of your other blogs, to let you know that we have joined the blogger world. Glad that things are going well.

Ang said...

I love a big ol' mug of hot chocolate. I wish I were there so I could taste this little invention of Dan's. Yummy.

Holly said...

Mmmmm, I'll take an order of that hot chocolate- and one for the baby too! :) Can't wait to see your tree and all of you!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Hey ! Ya we are glad we caught up with you guys too ! We will be living in Wymount for Winter semester and hopefully this summer get into a house somewhere. Ya- it was a crazy weekend and we are all doing well. I look forward to getting together when we get out there.