Wednesday, January 9, 2008
FREEDOM
We are debt FREE!!!! As of December 26th we are free of debt and the interest that comes with it. We started our "Total Money Makeover" in the summer and here we are less than six months later totally debt free. We did it using the method that Dave Ramsey has put together. (He is a national talk radio host). I am going to call into the show on Friday and tell him our story so we can scream "WE'RE DEBT FREE!!" on the air. I have my doubts on actually getting on the air, but it is worth a try after all the work we have done. Life is so sweet knowing all the income we get we can use for worthwhile projects. I want to say a HUGE Thank you to Dan for introducing Dave to me and sticking with the budget and working SO hard to provide a wonderful life for all of us. And a thanks to Adam and Richard for being our sweet boys and learning the phase "That is too expensive". A quick story: I was getting ready to go to make the VERY last payment on our car and I told Dan (jokingly) that when I finished paying I would yell "Freedom" right there in the bank. We had a good laugh and off I went with the boys to the bank, which is inside the Maceys' grocery store. So I am there making the transaction and Adam starts whispering, "When are we going to yell Freedom?" I had no idea he had overheard the conversation I had with Dan; I had told him where we were going and what was going to happen, but not the yelling freedom part. So I told him we had to wait until I finished the paying off process and then we would yell. So when the lady handed me the FINAL receipt which read: ZERO balance, Adam and I stood in the bank at the grocery store and yelled: "FREEDOM" and the tellers had a good chuckle. I hope he remembers that experience and we can teach him and Richard, mostly through our examples, how to live debt free. So if you are interested in changing your life in regards to money and you want to know how we did it, I would love to share! Check out www.daveramsey.com for more info too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats guys!!! that is so exciting and SUCH a huge relief!!!
Woooohoooooooooooooo!!!! That's so awesome!
Post a Comment